Monday, September 8, 2008

Hell Yeah I can finally post

Hello again all. It's been awhile, but I finally have internet access that allows me to post. Not too much to report from my first day of class other than the fact that my kids speak almost no English...its gonna be a struggle. But there some light moments, as one boy in particular, who his friends can only describe as "crazy" serenaded a group of us with the song "Stand by Me"...in English, impromptu. He was just standing around then he suddenly bursts into "When the night is young...". Kid knew a couple of verses. I fell out of my chair I was so amused. I also practiced capoeira in the park again. It's amazing how easy it is to practice out in public when you can't understand what everyone's saying about you and since they're gonna be staring anyway, no matter what I'm doing or wearing. Maybe I'd get a few more stares if I was naked, but probably not many more. Just to clarify the possible confusion, the following posts were all written awhile ago, but I had no way to post them.

Wallin

No comments: