Saturday, September 12, 2009

Monday August 10: In Travel Limbo

Monday saw our group finally departing from Moalboal/Panagsama Beach and heading back toward Manila. We didn't make it there, unfortunately, and spent the day in Cebu, half way between Manila and our old resort area. The travel back to Cebu was much smoother and easier this time around, as our entire group chartered a van to take us the 3 hours back to town, rather than taking the public bus for just a few bucks more.

Once in Cebu, though, our movement came to a complete stop. We had planned to hang out the new friends we met in Moalboal for the evening and then move on to Manila the next morning, except they ended up just staying at their hotels with their lady friends. Can't really say what they did all day. Well, I could say, but I don't need to, cuz you already know what they did. Too bad we were waiting around the phone at our hotel waiting for him to call. Well, I was. Jamie was sleeping, cuz he was sick. Mary was smart enough to drink in excess every day of our trip all the way up Saturday (a full week) when he (surprise, surprise) started feeling sick to his stomach and just slept on Sunday and Monday, eating very little and throwing up occasionally. The little time he was awake he spent complaining about how shitty he felt. Somehow, I couldn't really feel bad for him. Not sure why. So the other group was "busy", Jamie was out of commission, but where did that leave me? Well, Cebu doesn't have shit to do, unless you wanna troll around the fancy western style malls, which I clearly didn't want to, so I sat in my hotel room all day. I wanted to get to Manila as quickly as possible because there was no reason to stay in Cebu, but I was outvoted. Shit happens. I did enjoy the enormous variety of television in my room. Korean programs, Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, whatever you wanted. I spent most of my time watching the UFC pay-per-view that some Filipino channel was broadcasting and got to see Anderson Silva beat the hell out of poor Forrest Griffin. Yep, slow day when your highlight is T.V. The UFC event was televised on a network called "Balls". Their slogan: We got 'em. It might be the manliest channel I've ever seen. Pretty fucking extreme too. We're talking at least 4 X extreme. XXXXtreme. Can you handle it?

Pics: Album 1, Picture 113

No comments: